Friday, May 15, 2009

Kuala Lumpur

Yesterday was my last day in Thailand. I stayed in Thailand for about two months total (although I entered Thailand 4 separate times!) but I finally left and moved to Malaysia. Though I had been to Malaysia earlier on the Star Clipper, I didn't see much and so decide to make a second pass.


My first stop was Kuala Lumpur (everybody here calls it KL), and my first stop in KL was the Petronas Twin Towers and took the free tour to the skybridge connecting the two towers. Kuala Lumpur is known for having the world's cheapest five-star hotels. I stayed at the top hotel in KL (Shangri-la) and it cost me about $150/night. Other five-star hotels were $100 or less.

I was amazed at the variety of food available in KL. Just about every Asian cuisine is represented there. KL also has a Chinatown section (Petaling Street), where you can get good Chinese noodles, and cheap goods. I got my feet massaged by fish here!

KL has two main transit systems: a monorail above ground and a light rail underground. There are also express trains and buses to and from the airport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i went to the twin towers