Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Amazing Cambodian Sandals

I did not bring a pair of sandals with me on this trip so I decided to buy a pair at the first opportunity, which was in Cambodia. They had normal sandals for about $2-$3 (after bargaining). I saw another pair of the sport sandal type that looked to be more durable and better quality, but much more expensive: $8. I decided to splurge and bought that pair. Now I have worn those sandals every single day ever since (the one exception being during my Mt. Kinabalu climb, when I wore my walking shoes). I have easily walked over a hundred miles in them, over asphalt, cement, dirt, sand, rocks, hills, valleys, all sorts of rough terrain, through rivers, lakes, streams, beaches, grassy plains, meadows, rainforests, caves, climbed trees, towers, and thousands of stone steps. They have taken quite a lot of abuse. I almost lost them several times, but always got them back. My trusty sandals served me admirably and lasted my entire four-month trip! They are well-used, but still in wearable condition today! I have never had a pair of sandals withstand that kind of use and last this long. Hooray for my amazing Cambodian sandals!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you bring them back?
they must have quite the stories to tell
ps im commenting on your posts...took me a while but..
pss hope you know who this is!