Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bangkok Not So Dangerous

Just landed in Bangkok. My inflight movie was "Bangkok Dangerous", another dumb "killer with a conscience" movie with Nicolas Cage. But it did have some good scenes around Bangkok. I will see if I can recognize some of those places. We toured Jim Thompson's house. Jim Thompson was the American entrepreneur who really brought the Thailand silk trade to the western world. He disappeared in 1967 in mysterious circumstances. Hot and humid here as expected. Had dinner at a lovely riverside Thai restaurant, complete with beautiful Thai dancing girls. Also, the special of the night was a Papaya Salad. Whenever anyone one ordered this dish, the waitresses would all come and do a song and dance around your table. This happened several times that night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fair sailing Panini! Get some pix of that ship up STAT!!!

Cap'n Q

panini said...

I'm still on pre-tour. I don't board thee ship until Saturday.