Sunday, February 15, 2009

"It is the journey that matters..."

Thus reads the caption on the back of the t-shirt I'm wearing right now. It's a quote from a noted science fiction author[1] and it seemed an ideal sentiment to summarize my feelings as I get ready to start my Big Asia Tour, 2009.

This will be a very open-ended and spontaneous tour. Except for the first two weeks, I have neither schedule nor itinerary. I have only a general idea of the countries I wish to visit; the specific dates, places, and order of travel will be decided by me on a day to day basis.

The first of my trip will be sailing down the coast of Thailand and Malaysia on this old style clipper ship. Isn't she a beauty!? This will include short trips to Cambodia and Singapore as well. After that, I may visit the following countries: Philippines, Japan, Vietnam, Sri Lanka. But as I said, this is all subject to change. On this trip I expect to do: sailing, swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, sightseeing, trekking, eating, drinking, partying, meeting old friends, making new friends, painting, drawing, writing, talking, laughing, and ... other things :)

I have my little travel laptop (cutest laptop in the world) with me, so I expect to be blogging on a daily basis, and you dear reader, are invited to follow me and share in my adventures! I invite your comments to these blog entries as well (but please don't use my real name -- just address me as "Panini").

[1] Here is the full quote:

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” –-Ursula K. LeGuin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st post WOOT

sounds fun make sure to eat lots of Thai food, its so delicious i had some Thai noodles yesterday.

so i hear there's a huge mall there you should check it out: Mah Boon Krong


-Mr. Loberstack

Anonymous said...

hay hey! i told you i would comment...
so i see you are talking about your laptop...how many people said it was cute so far?
so hows you trip? good?fun?
well we are all stuck here at home while you travel like crazy...so i expect a souvenir!

from......
oooohhhh you will never know!!! muhaha

panini said...

Well, there are 102 passengers on board, and at least half of them said my laptop is sooo cute.