Friday, March 6, 2009

Chilling in Chiang Mai

A funny thing happened in Chiang Mai: I got comfortable -- perhaps too comfortable, because I ended up staying here a lot longer than I had planned. I rented an apartment for $10/day, and a motorbike for about $2.50/day. A meal can be had for $1-$3, and the food is so good! Fresh, healthy, and super spicy!

I did visit the Tiger Kingdom, a park where you can pet wild tigers!

I also did a two-day trekking into one of the Hill Tribe villages. This included an elephant ride, a bamboo raft ride, sleep overnight in a primitive hut, mingling with the Hill Tribe people, and a lot of trekking. For breakfast our guide made us omelet with ant larvae eggs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

coool a motorcycle!
what kinda food did u eat?

Anonymous said...

how do u get an omelet with ant larvae eggs...?


-LOBERSTACK

panini said...

You make a regular omelet (with chicken eggs), and mix in the ant lavae.