Thursday, July 4, 2024

Dinner Show at the Intercontinental


A pigducken?


When I arrived in Tahiti I heard about a dinner show Thursday night at the Hotel Intercontinental. I didn't have anything else planned for that evening so I went.  Tickets were fairly expensive at $100 for the buffet dinner and the Polynesian dance show, but as I would learn everything is expensive in Tahiti!

Dessert. Why eat only one?

There was a fairly elaborate buffet with many selections of meat, fish, salads, and desserts. There were many dishes made with breadfruit, a common fruit on the islands.

The show was OK. These types of shows tend to be very tourist oriented, which is not really my style. But I still enjoyed it. The buffet was quite good but not worth $100. 


The empty stage before the show. To the right is the bar where you can watch the show for free.

Here's a pro tip:  skip the buffet and go have drinks at the bar which is also outside right next to the restaurant and the stage. There you can enjoy the show for free!  The view is a little farther and to the side but you can still get a good view of the show.






No comments: