Thursday, July 4, 2024

Pizza From A Machine

I was walking around Papeete around 11 pm, starving. Absolutely everything was closed.  I checked Google Maps and it said one pizza place was open, so I headed there. When I got there there was no restaurant! What there was, was a large metal box.  I looked more closely and it was a giant vending machine!  I've never seen a vending machine for pizza before, not even in Japan where they have vending machines for everything! It had a touch screen where you selected the type of pizza and then asked for payment with a credit card or cash. It promised to give the pizza in 3 minutes. Pizza from a vending machine?  In 3 minutes?  How bad is this going to be?? 

Pizza Vending Machine

Well I was hungry so I went for it. It did indeed produce the pizza in 3 minutes in a 10" pizza box, and it was piping hot!  It was so hot it was difficult to hold it even through the box.

Edible pizza


I'll bet you're dying to find out how the pizza was.  Well, it was... edible. Not the best pizza I've ever had (but still better than Domino's!).  Along with some red wine it hit the spot.




1 comment:

sujatha reddy said...

Pizza vending! Amazing!!